- You may require a visa to enter a country. A visa is basically ‘permission‘ or a ‘permit‘ for you to enter a country.
- Visa types and whether you require a visa is dependent on the nationality of your passport.
- A visa is issued with a ‘stamp/authority’ that is implemented in your passport.
- You may organize a visa yourself through the consulate or embassy, or your travel agent can do it for you. (Going through a travel agent is usually a much easier option)
- Some countries may require a visa for an extended length of stay, but not a shorter one. g. you may not need a visa for a 30-day stay, but require one for a 60-day stay. Check this as well.
- Some travel consultants simply forget to advise that you require a visa for some countries. DO THE RESEARCH YOURSELF!
|A VISA is still NOT a guarantee of entrance into a country, nor is any other country that does not require one. It is always, AND ALWAYS up to the customs officials to decide on travellers entering a country. Although it is very rare that refusal of entry can occur if it’s all legal.|
|Always check your visa requirements with either the consulate/embassy direct – either by phone or via their website. It is very important to point out that travel agents and even visa companies who ‘specialise’ in visa applications make mistakes. Again, do the research yourself and check over and over again.|
Travel Crusaders! Have an amazing travel tip to give about this subject? Please advise below on any comments, photos, videos, reviews, recommendations or suggestions for this travel tip category.