Children & Family Travel
- Check whether the destination you are travelling to is mainly safe and sound. Keep especially abreast for latest news.
- Choose hotels and resorts that are ‘family friendly’, or ‘children friendly’.
- If your kids love water and can swim (as most children do) try to involve something with water, whether it be a beach or swimming pool. This can relieve a lot of boredom!
- And on that note, try to alleviate boredom as much as possible by constantly doing activities.
- Immunisations and vaccinations for children are especially important before embarking on your trips, in particular, third world or poorer countries.
- Book a bassinet on your flight, if you have a baby.
- Book child meals on flights if need be.
- For younger or new travellers, try to travel to a destination where food is similar back home (there would be many!). Remember, kids sometimes don’t like trying new and unusual food.
- Book seats together on your flight.
- If you have a baby, stock up on babies needs, like nappies/diapers.
- Good tour companies also offer family tours – usually minimum age is usually 5 years, but this varies.
- Make sure you pack everything that’s required for your kids, check and double check everything!
- Have fun and don’t worry if everything doesn’t turn out right – it will still be memorable!
Travel Crusaders! Have an amazing travel tip to give about this subject? Please advise below on any comments, photos, videos, reviews, recommendations or suggestions for this travel tip category.