Here are a few points to consider:
- Whatever you book in travel, whether its air, accommodation, cruises, packages, tours, and so on – comes with booking conditions AND cancellation policies.
- Make sure you are aware of all booking conditions for anything you book in travel.
- Pricing: If you are paying a deposit and have a final cost to pay, is the pricing going to change in any way?
What are the cancellation fees? Don’t get stung! Whatever product you have booked, always know the rules regarding cancellation fees. All hotels, airlines, cruises and wholesalers have different rules and policies. If booked direct, some hotels only have a 24 hour cancellation policy, while others may have a 7 day cancellation policy. Some even penalise you if you cancel months in advance. You may lose your deposit, or worse, your full payment! Make sure your travel insurance covers you for cancellation penalties, which most do anyway.
- What is the refund policy?
- Are there additional charges to make changes?
- What are the amendment fees, if you need to change?
- If you are seeking a refund of some sort from a supplier, like an airline or a hotel, make sure you get it. Time after time, airlines, for example, take months to refund a client. Call them direct and keep persisting. You will get your money back in the end.
You need to ask these questions, so you don’t feel like you’ve been taken for a ride when things don’t go to plan.
Travel Crusaders! Have an amazing travel tip to give about this subject? Please advise below on any comments, photos, videos, reviews, recommendations or suggestions for this travel tip category.