Travel Tips when booking accommodation, that will help you with your travels:
- Have you booked your accommodation? Do you need to pre-book it?
- Is the accommodation you’re staying in central or out of town? It’s all about the location.
- What standard is it? Budget, 3, 4 or 5 stars?
- READ THE FINE PRINT. What is the cancellation policy? What is the change/amendment policy? Can you change the booking? What are the other conditions?
- Check your accommodation for refurbishments. Refurbishments in a hotel can ruin your holiday. For instance, if there is excessive noise.
- Remember that most hotels require a credit card upon check-in.
- Be mindful of check-in and check-out times. Most hotel rooms have a check-in policy of between 12 midday-3pm. If you’re arriving on an early morning flight, your hotel room may not be ready.
- If you have a car, does the place have car parking facilities? If so, is there a charge? (most city hotels WILL charge!) Hotels mainly charge for car parking, whereas apartment properties generally offer a much-reduced rate, or offer it free of charge.